Your membership is very important to us, and to the Belgian anesthesiology community. By becoming a member, you sustain our society in achieving its goals, namely the promotion of excellence in the practice of anesthesia, in patient management and safety, as well as the promotion of excellent education and science in anesthesia. The more we are, the stronger we can be, and the higher the chances of being heard and recognized. The SARB is at a privileged place to give advices and counseling to the authorities regarding the domains it aims for.
Anesthesiologists in training are also more than welcome. We need their input through the Belgian Anesthesia Trainees group (BAT) to improve the way anesthesia education is provided. Special prices have been designed for them.
But SARB membership is not a one-way deal. By becoming a member, you will benefit from all the advantages of it:
- Access to several education opportunities at a low price, or even for free in some instances, such as the graduation day, and workshops to learn practical skills.
- Free access to the society’s journal, the Acta Anaesthesiologica Belgica. In this journal, and beside original studies and case reports, detailed narrative review articles are provided on a regular basis, dealing with hot topics and providing up-to-date information for the anesthetic management of several pathological conditions. The journal is also a communication link, where the SARB can diffuse its own guidelines or highlight those of other anesthesia societies. It also allows residents to publish their master’s thesis at the end of their training.
- Possibility to apply for research grants if you are in a position of conducting clinical or basic science research. Each year, and after adequate selection by independent international experts, the SARB awards grants to Belgian anesthesia research projects of excellent quality.
- Being part of a large scientific network, both in Belgium and the remaining world, through the privileged relationship the SARB has with international anesthesia societies such as the European Society of Anesthesiology (ESA), and the World Federation of Anesthesia Societies (WFSA).
- Reduced fee for several scientific meetings that are endorsed by the SARB, either in Belgium or abroad.
Vincent Bonhomme - SARB President
Membership is from 1 January until 31 December.
|Licensed Practitioner - 1 Year (2019)||€ 125,00|
|Licensed Practitioner - 2 Years (2019 & 2020)||€ 225,00|
|Residents - 1st and 2nd year (1st semester) + BAT Membership (free)*||Free|
|Residents - 2nd (2nd semester), 3rd, 4th and 5th year + BAT Membership (free*||€ 60,00|
- Free access to the ACTA
- Free ESA Associate Membership (= access to all the journals)
- Free access to the SARB Graduation Day
- Reduced registration fee of the SARB Annual Meeting
- Reduced registration of SARB endorsed meetings
- Possibility to apply for SARB Research Grants
You can apply by using the paper form here.
*Combined Membership Residents
For a first time in history, the 5 societies of Anesthesia in Belgium are offering you the possibility to become a member of all societies through 1 registration. Registration using the offer to register for all 5 societies at once makes administration for you much easier.
The societies are:
- The Society for Anesthesia and Resuscitation of Belgium (SARB)
- L’Association Professionnelle Belge des Médecins Spécialistes en Anesthésie-Réanimation / Belgische Beroepsvereniging van Artsen-Specialisten in Anesthesie en Reanimatie (BSAR/APSAR)
- The Belgian Association for Regional Anesthesia (BARA) The BARA offers trainees the BARA and ESRA membership for FREE.
- The Belgian Association for Paediatric Anaesthesiology (BAPA) The BAPA offers trainees the membership for FREE.
- The Belgian Anesthesia Trainees (BAT) The BAT offers trainees the membership for FREE.
Find all information here.